I am seven weeks away from receiving my Master’s in Interactive Journalism (IJ) from American University. It has been a long and tiring 19 months, but I do not regret any of it, especially since American has become a “center for new journalism.” I have had great classes and not-so-great classes. I had courses that I enjoyed immensely; taught by professors that I found enlightening. On the opposite end, a couple of my courses were downright aggravating with less than stellar professors. When I entered the IJ program I had a general knowledge/base of what constitutes digital and print journalism, but I wanted to learn more. As the last few weeks of grad school draws to a close I can safely say that I not only ‘know’ but ‘understand.’ There is a difference between the two words that many fail to grasp; knowing is not understanding. My favorite quote is by Hippocrates which sums things up succinctly “To know is science, to think you know is ignorance.” Amen.
YETBW Top Posts & Pages
- An Overview of the Major U.S. Intelligence Agencies: What is the Difference Between the DIA, NSA, CIA and FBI?
- Media Myth Surrounding the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates & the Boston Globe
- Music Moment: My 'Inner White Boy' Playlist
- Grant Memorial: The 'Ugly Betty' of U.S. Presidential Monuments
- Boys! Men! Please Stop the Emo Hairstyle Insanity
YETBW Recent Posts
2012 elections african-american African-Americans American University campaigns celebrities children classroom college comic books congress culture DC debt ceiling democrats DNC education elections eliot spitzer extramarital affair fashion football GOP grad school hair headphones infidelity iPad journalism kennedy longreads marriage marvel universe media men metro monuments music music playlists music tastes nfl nixon parenthood parenting pittsburgh Pittsburgh Steelers politicians politics pregnancy presidential campaigns presidential candidates presidential elections presidential monuments presidents racism relationships republicans RNC roethlisberger scandal spitzer sports steelers stereotypes style technology television tourism twitter u.s. debt u.s. economy U.S. Park Services u.s. presidents women women's issues
- RT @DejiOkusanya: He should be forced to eat a bowl of 9/11 WTC debris. twitter.com/girlsreallyrul… 3 hours ago
- If like me, you're wondering if you should join this particular bandwagon (#FaceApp adds decades to your age for fu… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- Oy vey :( Mrs. Nancy is seriously showing that maybe the Dems would've been better-off selecting another Speaker of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 hours ago
- I kept my maiden name when I got married. The only time I'm addressed as 'Mrs. Collins' is when I'm dealing with ma… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- I gave Nao's 'Apple Cherry' kisses a 3+ month break. So, I'm about to run it into the ground again today🤗 #RnB… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago