I am seven weeks away from receiving my Master’s in Interactive Journalism (IJ) from American University. It has been a long and tiring 19 months, but I do not regret any of it, especially since American has become a “center for new journalism.” I have had great classes and not-so-great classes. I had courses that I enjoyed immensely; taught by professors that I found enlightening. On the opposite end, a couple of my courses were downright aggravating with less than stellar professors. When I entered the IJ program I had a general knowledge/base of what constitutes digital and print journalism, but I wanted to learn more. As the last few weeks of grad school draws to a close I can safely say that I not only ‘know’ but ‘understand.’ There is a difference between the two words that many fail to grasp; knowing is not understanding. My favorite quote is by Hippocrates which sums things up succinctly “To know is science, to think you know is ignorance.” Amen.
YETBW Top Posts & Pages
- An Overview of the Major U.S. Intelligence Agencies: What is the Difference Between the DIA, NSA, CIA and FBI?
- Media Myth Surrounding the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates & the Boston Globe
- Hollywood's 'Asian' Shuffle And The Overlooked Jason Scott Lee
- When the Long-suffering Wife Is Worse Than the Mistress
- Music Moment: My ‘Top 50 Most Played Songs' On Spotify (Not That You've Asked)
YETBW Recent Posts
2012 elections african-american African-Americans American University campaigns celebrities children classroom college comic books congress culture DC debt ceiling democrats DNC education elections eliot spitzer extramarital affair fashion football GOP grad school hair headphones infidelity iPad journalism kennedy longreads marriage marvel universe media men metro monuments music music playlists music tastes nfl nixon parenthood parenting pittsburgh Pittsburgh Steelers politicians politics pregnancy presidential campaigns presidential candidates presidential elections presidential monuments presidents racism relationships republicans RNC roethlisberger scandal spitzer sports steelers stereotypes style technology television tourism twitter u.s. debt u.s. economy U.S. Park Services u.s. presidents women women's issues
- Growing-up, #MemorialDay was about visiting the cemeteries/gravesites of our family members. We would clean their h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- RT @claycoken: "Every time Giannis come to school wit a new lunchbox, Kawhi say 'Gimme dat. What you got in there?'" 😂😂😂🖐🏿🍱👊🏿👀 ~@ShannonS… 1 day ago
- About to begin my usual Friday listening of Billboard's Hot 100 songs. Most times the songs leave me 🤨😛 due to thei… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Theresa May adhered to Brexit because that's what the referendum votes said she should do. But the reality of it (a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Decided to add today as another Me-Day going into the weekend. My other Me-Day is Tuesday, after Memorial Day. Been… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago