Since I live in the Greater DC Metro area I ride the metro (aka subway to those outside the area) to/from work several times a week. For the most part the train rides aren’t that bad compared to other subway systems in the United States such as Chicago’s which is absolutely atrocious. Anyway, I digress. The one thing that really bugs me about the DC metro are riders who have subpar quality headphones hooked up to their music player. Their headphones are so fucking shitty that you can hear every note and lyric as if you were wearing the headphones as well. Obviously if their music is up this loud this means that their headphones are a piece of shit, yet the wearer doesn’t seem to know this which is why they compensate by having the volume at maximum setting. What’s so funny is that I’ve noticed that most of these bad headphone perpetrators are Black females under 30. What’s up with that? Yes, I said it and I’m Black so sue me. Anyway, I’ve been trying to figure out this interesting anecdotal statistic, but to no avail. What is so terrible about this situation is that good headphones don’t really cost that much. My Sony headphones cost me less than $20 and I can blast away my music sitting next to someone without destroying their metro equilibrium. Don’t tell me that all these crappy headphone wearers don’t have the money since their music system is hooked up to their smartphone which they use to text message and have moronic conversations with their idiotic phonemates ad nauseum. I have seriously thought about contacting Sony to let them know that they have a good marketing campaign right at their fingertips. They should have reps going up and down the train with a camera looking for people in need of quality headphone intervention. They should go up to these fools while on camera and let them know that Sony is there to help them break the cycle. Well, since that is not going to happen I think that these riders should simply be kicked to the curb or maybe just punched in the face.
YETBW Top Posts & Pages
- An Overview of the Major U.S. Intelligence Agencies: What is the Difference Between the DIA, NSA, CIA and FBI?
- Grant Memorial: The 'Ugly Betty' of U.S. Presidential Monuments
- Media Myth Surrounding the 1960 Kennedy-Nixon Presidential Debates & the Boston Globe
- Hollywood's 'Asian' Shuffle And The Overlooked Jason Scott Lee
- Music Moment: My ‘Top 50 Most Played Songs' On Spotify (Not That You've Asked)
YETBW Recent Posts
2012 elections african-american African-Americans American University campaigns celebrities children classroom college comic books congress culture DC debt ceiling democrats DNC education elections eliot spitzer extramarital affair fashion football GOP grad school hair headphones infidelity iPad journalism kennedy longreads marriage marvel universe media men metro monuments music music playlists music tastes nfl nixon parenthood parenting pittsburgh Pittsburgh Steelers politicians politics pregnancy presidential campaigns presidential candidates presidential elections presidential monuments presidents racism relationships republicans RNC roethlisberger scandal spitzer sports steelers stereotypes style technology television tourism twitter u.s. debt u.s. economy U.S. Park Services u.s. presidents women women's issues
- Why am I watching this game (G6)? This Eastern Conference Final has been an uneven watch. Both teams have looked no… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- The S1 special effects for #BlackLightning Jennifer's metahuman power (electrokinesis) looks better than what's bee… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- RT @LegitSarpong: Adult friendship is saying “let me call you back” hanging up and calling back 3-4 days later and no one takes it personal. 17 hours ago
- Another example of how Intuit, the maker of TurboTax has been scamming #taxpayers w/the fed govnt's help (#TurboTax… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago
- It *never* fails that whenever I go on @propublica's website to read X article, I end-up reading several articles.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 17 hours ago